Media and Press
"Unique and engaging"
Doug Fleener's story is not your typical tale of business success. Neither is his approach to transforming a person's work and life. Doug's failures and struggles with drug addiction and alcoholism and his journey to being a CEO, international speaker, and business advisor offer a compelling story and perspective. Read more below.
Interested in featuring Doug in a podcast, article, or video interview? Reach out to Joanna Moran at [email protected] for arrangements.
Doug Most Recently In the Media
- Extrology Podcast: Taking responsibility is a superpower watch
- The Job Interview Experience: Take Responsibility for Your Job Search, Learn from Setbacks, Focus on 3 Things a Day watch
- Build a Better Agency: Core principles to help agency owners own their day with intentionality with Doug Fleener listen
- Business Insider: Book excerpt. read
- Beyond the Crucible: Getting Sober Saved His Life and Gave Him a Model to Follow Living It watch
- Built In: Did You Goof Up at Work? Then Own Up. read
- Business Radio X: Author and Coach Doug Fleener listen
- Authority Magazine: Interview on Operational Scalability reaMoney for Lunch Podcast: Drug Addict Turned CEO listen
- DayOne: Streak Stories: 270 Days with Doug Fleener read
Doug as Your Media Guest
Doug Fleener's story is not your typical tale of business success. Neither is his approach to transforming a person's work and life.
Doug's failures and struggles with drug addiction and alcoholism and his journey to being a CEO, international speaker, and business advisor offer a compelling story and perspective. Having faced personal adversity and emerged stronger, Doug understands the parallels between recovery and business success.
This realization led to his unique approach and book – The Day Makes the Year (Makes a Life) – emphasizing the importance of daily actions, reactions, and decisions in achieving long-term success.
With a background ranging from retail management to serving as the CEO of a national company, Doug has firsthand experience integrating daily success into an organization's culture. His narrative is a testament to the human spirit and the potential of daily decisions in crafting success.
Doug has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Inc., and numerous other newspapers and magazines. He has also appeared on numerous news shows.